DCS Scholarship Program
The Dutton Christian School (DCS) scholarship program was initiated in 2010 to help families who may be struggling with the cost of tuition, and yet not qualify for tuition assistance from DCS. The program enables donors to assist DCS families, and in some instances, recognize or honor the memory of a loved one. The scholarship program is not intended to compete with the long-standing tuition assistance program, but rather provide another opportunity for donors to intersect with the needs of DCS families.
Nine families received scholarships totaling $11,500 for the 2019-2020 school year. This is truly a reflection of God’s blessing during this year!
A long-standing endowed scholarship in the DCS community is now included as part of the scholarship program, namely the Kevin Jay Lucas Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship, in memory of DCS student Kevin, has been awarded annually to a family with financial need and primarily to a student that benefits from academic support or some other form of inclusive education. Also, an additional endowed memorial scholarship has been established in memory of Jack Boerema, who was a pre-school student at DCS. This scholarship is awarded annually to a member of the class of 2021 – Jack’s graduating class. Either of these scholarships require a separate application. See the links at the bottom of the page for the 3 different scholarship application forms.
Please remember the scholarship program in the following ways;
- Offer prayers of thanksgiving for generous gifts and the financial assistance for DCS families.
- Consider the scholarship program for donations prior to February 28 for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Pray for wisdom for the scholarship committee and school board as this program continues and decisions are made to establish it well.
See below for forms to apply for scholarships. To donate to the scholarships or for additional inquiries, please contact scholarship committee chair Eric Vanhowegen 616-340-6955 or [email protected]
Scholarship Program Annual Timeline and Process
- Donations accepted in fall and through February 28 for the following school year
- Scholarship applications are made available in April and accepted until June 1
- Scholarships are awarded by July 31