- Bachelor’s degree and elementary teacher certification – Calvin College (1989)
- Master’s degree in educational leadership and administrative certification – Eastern Michigan University (1994)
- 4th grade teacher at Redeemer Baptist Elementary School in Los Angeles, CA (1989-1992)
- Elementary School Principal at Highlands Ranch Christian School (Denver Christian Schools) in Highlands Ranch, CO (1994-1997)
- Curriculum Director at Dutton Christian School (2007-2017)
- Assistant Administrator at Dutton Christian School (2017-present)
- Married to Hugh
- Three children who attended DCS
- Member of Discovery CRC
Why I became a Christian school teacher/curriculum director
For deep and true learning to occur, you need to know your students. This means all aspects of them. I chose to become a Christian school teacher because I did not want to separate my students’ learning from their identity in Christ. I believe Christian education is the best choice for educating the whole child so incredible learning can happen!
I have four sisters, and we all are or have been teachers in our careers.