Academically Talented Program (AT)
Dutton Christian recognizes that God creates people uniquely with their own gifts and talents. DCS strives to support and encourage middle school students who possess gifts of cognition. Several opportunities that are available for qualifying students to develop their abilities and potential include:
- Online Honors English: available for 6th, 7th, and/or 8th grade – through Christian Learning Center
- Online Math – Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry – through Christian Learning Center
- ATYP -(Academically Talented Youth Program) Provided by Kent ISD. Students go off-campus 1/2 day week for above level math courses or advanced Language Arts. Prerequisite: qualifying ACT score
- Participation in Northwestern University’s talent search program – NUMATS
- Various competitions throughout the year such as Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Robotics, Math Triathlon and Math Counts.
- Teacher directed opportunities to “test out” of units and do independent projects.
- Additional activities and resources to meet specific individual needs.