What is the average class size for three- and four-year pre-kindergarten?
- The three- year old classes have 16 children, the teacher and a paraprofessional.
- The four-year old classes have 18 children, the teacher and a paraprofessional.
What time does school start and end?
- The 4’s AM classes run from 9:00 -11:30 AM.
- The 4′s PM classes run from 12:30-3:00 PM.
- The 4’s Nature-Based AM class runs from 8:15-11:15 AM.
- The 4’s Nature-Based PM class runs from 12:00-3:00 PM.
- The 3’s classes run from 8:15 – 10:15 AM or 10:30 – 12:30 AM
- Classes run September through May.
Will my child eat during class? How do you handle snacks?
- 3’s and 4’s Traditional Prekindergarten– Students will bring their own healthy snack and water bottle each day.
- 4’s Nature-Based Prekindergarten– Students will bring their own healthy snack and water bottle each day.
Do the parents need to provide any supplies for the pre-kindergarten classes?
- Dutton Christian School generously supplies our learning materials. Parents are given the opportunity to donate project supplies during the school year. We appreciate their generosity.
Do the children have recess or get to play on the playground? If so, how often?
- YES! We use the playground as often as we can during the school year.
How many field trips do the children participate in each semester? Does DCS provide transportation or do the parents need to bring their child to/from each field trip?
- The three-year old class will take two field trips per school year. Michigan state law requires that each student must be accompanied by their parent to the field trip.
- The four-year olds take approximately 5 field trips per school year which expand on our classroom themes. Michigan state law requires that each student must be accompanied by their parent to the field trips.
- The four-year old nature-based class will take 2 formal field trips a year. Michigan state law requires that each student must be accompanied by their parent to the field trips..
Does my child need to be potty trained before he/she starts preschool? What if he/she has accidents?
- Yes, your child must be potty trained before coming to preschool. Each classroom has its own bathroom, and your child is free to use it at anytime. If your child has as accident at school, we will lovingly and efficiently take care of it.
How do I know if my child is ready to start pre-kindergarten?
- Children who are 3 years old by September 1 and are potty trained meet our entrance requirements for our 3 year old pre-kindergarten program.
- Children who are 4 years old by September 1 meet our entrance requirements for our four year old pre-kindergarten program.