The Dutton Christian School (DCS) scholarship program was initiated in 2010 to provide an additional way to help families who may be struggling with the cost of tuition. The program enables donors to assist DCS families, and in some instances, recognize or honor the memory of a loved one. The scholarship program is not intended to compete with the long-standing tuition assistance program, but rather provide another opportunity for donors to intersect with the needs of DCS families.
We are blessed to have 3 endowed scholarship funds and 1 temporary scholarship fund that families have started in the DCS community that are included as part of the scholarship program. Two are memorial scholarships for students at DCS. The Kevin Jay Lucas Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of DCS student Kevin, and has been awarded annually to a family with financial need and primarily to a student that benefits from academic support or some other form of inclusive education. The Jack Boerema Memorial Scholarship has been established in memory of Jack Boerema, a pre-school student at DCS. Both of these scholarships require a separate application. See the links at the bottom of the page for the 3 different scholarship application forms.
Please remember the scholarship program in the following ways;
- Offer prayers of thanksgiving for generous gifts and the financial assistance for DCS families.
- Consider the scholarship program for donations prior to February 28 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Pray for wisdom for the scholarship committee and school board as this program continues and decisions are made to establish it well.
See below for forms to apply for scholarships. To donate to the scholarships or for additional inquiries, please contact scholarship committee chair Eric Van Hofwegen at 616-340-6955 or [email protected]
Scholarship Program Annual Timeline and Process
- Donations accepted in fall and through February 28 for the following school year.
- Scholarship applications are available and accepted until April 13.
- Scholarships are awarded by May 31.